Monday, February 16, 2009

News Flash

The boys got haircuts today. Ok, yes, my life is somewhat of a bore at times and haircuts is an exciting news flash. Anyway, Grandma P cut their hair (with the clippers, of course). They look great. I can't belive how much it makes them look skinnier. Doesn't work for me . . .

I didn't snap of photo of them with their trims, they are being quiet right now, so I don't want to disrupt the current calmness of the household to try & get a pic. However, Shyguy's actual b-day is right around the corner so I'm sure I'll have pics to share with you soon.

Instead I'll share with you a little installment of "Isn't it great . . ."

Isn't it great that they can finally reach the sink to turn it on and get themselves a glass of water, however, they can't reach the facet arm to turn it back off. I've walked into the kitchen & bathroom several times of late and had to turn off a running facet.

Isn't it great when they can use the bathroom by themselves (no, I'm not talking about Shyguy yet, bummer) but they can't exactly wipe good by themselves, but try and you end up with a load of skid marked undies.

And isn't it great that they can pick out their own clothes, dress themselves, but don't think to pick out a good pair of non-skid marked undies on the day they have a doctor's appointment, so when they strip down to their undies for the doctor & have to walk across the room, they are sporting a big ol' skid mark stain and you are sporting a very red, embarrassed face.

Isn't it great when you can still afford such luxuries as napkins, but they use their sleeves anyway.

Isn't it great when they pick a bogger and bring it to you to take off their finger.

Isn't it great when they spot a tampons package on the bathroom sink & shout out, "Mom, is that candy?"

Isn't it great when you're walking around in JoAnn fabrics store and they smell something and shout out, "Who farted?" "Mom, did you fart?" "Something stinks." "Did that lady fart, Mom?"

Isn't it great when you're opening your valentine's present and they say, "It's candy Mom, can I have a piece? It's chocolate candies." Before you even have a spread of paper torn off the present.

All of these things are great. I would rather have all the "Isn't it greats" then not have them. Well, except the fart discussion at JoAnn's. I could do without that one.

No comments: