Thursday, February 12, 2009

No more tears . . .

Bub had his 5 year doctor checkup today. I have good news & not so good.

First the good. He had to get the shots kids get before starting school. He got two shots in one arm & one in the other arm. He did not cry. Not even a tear. When the nurse was doing the last shot, MMR (which I personally know stings when it goes in) he kind of growled at her, but he did not cry.

The not so good. For the first time they mentioned concern about his weight. He has always been around 95 - 97 percentile for both height & weight. He is now 97 & above percentile for weight. Sorry, I forgot to ask what his actual weight was. Anyway, the doctor advised the following. "He is young & growing, so if he is hungry he should eat. He should get 3 meals a day, plus snacks. When treats are offered, he shouldn't be left out and he should get a treat also. However, one treat only. Seconds are allowed if he wants more potatoes, meat, vegetable and so on at meals, but no seconds on treats. Also, encourage as much activity as possible."

So, that being said, I think I will lead by example & get my butt off this computer and do some laundry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great about the no crying. I don't think its a bad thing for him to get one treat. It'll be better in the long run for him.