Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Much to do about nothing

It feels like I haven't posted anything new in quite awhile. Fearing the 1 or 2 loyal readers I have would abandon me, I need to post something, anything. As I write this, I'm thinking I don't even have a new picture to post. But oh, wait a minute. I just had a birthday, and I recall asking Papa to snap a shot of me and boys with my cake . . .
Wow, that lighted cake is getting brighter and brighter. Thank goodness birthday candles only come in packs of 24. At least I had birthday candles this year. . .

I just noticed, if you click on the link above (the words birthday candles) that I'm sitting in the same chair at the table and the boys are sitting on my lap in the same spots they were last year.

I'm pooped. My feet ache. My left ankle is killing me. Now I'm getting an upset stomach. I hope I'm not coming down with a touch of the flu. Work has been, well, . . . work the past two weeks. My body and the condition of my house is feeling the pain. But oh so glad and grateful to be working and earning my keep.

Shyguy's latest "gotta have" is watching Dora on TV. Unfortunately, video on demand only has two episodes showing per month. We sometimes catch a different one at 7 pm in the evening, but we miss it alot, too. By time we eat dinner (Mama's been getting out of work late), clean up and crash on the couch, its more times than not after 7:30 or 8 pm. Grandma has an old DVD with two different episodes on it. I think they also catch a new episode during the day a couple times a week. No biggie though. Right now he is content to watch any episode, even if he's seen it a hundred times.

Bub's latest "gotta have" is a Star Wars playstation 2 game. Since Christmas brought a new playstation 2 to our home he is bugging to play alot. I picked up a Star Wars poster out shopping this past weekend. He loves it. We hung it up on the wall by his top bunk. Since Aunt J9 gave us a mattress for Bub's top bunk (Thanks so much) he's been hanging out up there often. It's his little fort.

Bub's birthday is coming up, too. We are celebrating with my family this coming weekend. He asked for some Star Wars characters, some good guys and some bad guys to play with. Man those things are expensive. I hesitate to get any because their "gotta haves" seem to come and go so quick sometimes. Last year since he saw the Transformers movie he had been so into them. He got some Transformer guys for Christmas and has barely touched them. Ugh, I guess such is the life of a parent.

No comments: