Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Winter is clearly here

We made a snowman yesterday. I don't remember that being so much work. The snow was that wet stuff that sticks good, but I rolled and rolled the bottom ball forever and it didn't seem to get any bigger. It was snowing at the time and it the snow was leaving this powdery dryer layer on top, I think that was preventing the wetter snow from sticking to my intial ball of snow.

So I had the boys truck over loads of snow in their tonka trucks. It took awhile, but at least they were doing much of the work. I was quite winded by time we were done. As you can see our snowman is much smaller than last years.


Of course we had to warm up with some hot cocoa after playing outside. That cool cup was from the Margarita Queen for Halloween, Bub got a orange one with his name on it. They call them their cocoa cups.

Bub is sporting a cool hand me down jacket from cousin Q this holiday season. The snow suit pants he's wearing I picked up from a rummage sale for a buck. The most expensive outer wear he has is his hat and mittens. I picked them up Thursday for 50% off for a grand total of $5. It's a set of Transformer hat and gloves that are red and black that match his coat. He has a different pair of gloves on in this picture, they were more water resistant. Anyway, I broke down and spent some money on new hat and gloves because 1) we keep losing hats and gloves and b) he kept insisting on wearing this orange hunting stocking hat that didn't match and just screamed REDNECK! He even wore it to school. I figured the only way to get him to trade it in was to make a really good counter offer. Hence, the Transformer set.

Finally, I stumbled upon a website today I had to check out here. You can post a wish or grant a wish. You can click Advanced Search and search un-granted wishes in your area and see if you can make someone's wish come true. The site is operational 24/7/365 but I think its especially heavy with wishes around the Holidays.

No comments: