I think Papa is sometimes dissappointed when he asks me what I want for Mother's day. A couple years ago, he asked what I wanted and I said a new screen door for the front of the house. We had one, but it had no screen. It was like the ones where the people take the screen out on Halloween so they don't have to open the door to hand the candy out.
Last year I asked for dirt. Ya see, we had a lot of holes and tire tracks in the yard (bad deal with consumer's truck getting stuck by the garden when the power was out last spring). So he got me dirt and filled in the holes and tracks and planted grass seed. It's looking a lot better this year.
This year when he asked, I said I wanted a new handle for the before mentioned "new" front screen door. Ya see, we usually enter the house through the garage door and then the access door from the garage to the house. But last year when we bought the mini-van, I dropped my garage door opener transferring things from one vehicle to the next and busted it. So I was out a garage door opener for a couple of days. This usually isn't a problem since Papa gets home before me and the garage door is open when I get home. However, one day, this was not the case. I had a key to get in the front door, but the screen door was locked. I locked it because the boys would always go out it if I had the main door open with only the screen door shut. They didn't have the lock figured out last year, so I'd just lock the screen door to keep them in. I didn't know our back door used the same key as the front (at that time) so I just pulled on the screen door until I broke the handle so I could get to the main door to unlock it.
So now I have a screen door with a screen, but a broken handle. Hence, I asked for a new handle for Mother's day. I sometimes thinks he would like to get me something more personal. But what more could I possibly want . . . he's already given me the best Mother's Day presents ever!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment