Bub's first soccer game was Saturday, I know, its Monday. Anywho . . . wow, soccer is way different this season. Bub moved up to U8 division this year. They play six on six & have goalies and referees. Its apparently more competitive by the sound of the SCREAMING parents. Bub did good, it was quite the workout vs. games he played previous years. He was red in the face & huffing & puffing at the end of the game. Some of the boys on his team have played together now several seasons. I think it might take him a couple games & practices before he "proves" himself, but he did score a goal Saturday! Actually, his team scored several goals, the other team only scored two & they were both on penalty kicks. Oh yeah, and apparently there are penalties this year . . . hence the referee, I guess.
U8 division team is made up a six & seven year olds.
No comments:
Post a Comment