Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to me

Much to my surprise, I had a Birthday Party last night. Wednesday was my Birthday, however, the kids had swim class that night. By the time we got home from work, had dinner and went to swim class it was time to go to bed when we got home. It really didn't matter to me, I don't need anything.

Friday when I was at work Papa called to see what time I'd be home, as if that changes from day to day. I've had a bad week at work, Friday was no better. I was in the middle of something & was kind of short with him a) because I was in the middle of something and b) I pretty much get home from work the same time everyday.

When I got home, all seemed normal. I didn't see dinner cooking on the stove & the house looked a little cleaned up, not a lot, just a little. I didn't think anything of it. I put my purse down & hung my coat up & noticed someone pull into the driveway. I asked if we were having company & he said my mom was coming over. Hmm, starting to think something's up.

Shyguy let the cat out of the bag & pulled the over door open to show me the Chinese Take-Out we were having for dinner. Then he asked me if I wanted to see my cake. Cake? What cake? Papa was trying to hush him up. Shyguy then grabbed my hand & started to pull me down the hallway asking if I wanted to see my presents hid in his closet. Everyone was laughing at his inability to keep a secret.

The Bud's came over too, we had cake & ice cream then played Wii into the wee hours of the night. OK, just until around 10 - 10:30 pm. That's wee hours enought for me these days.

Anywho, my awesome hubby & kids got me a new desktop computer! Woo hoo. I've got it running & moved some files over, but my old computer was . . . um . . . so old that much of the software I have been using is obsolete & won't run on the new computer. Yikes! I also got a new vaccuum cleaner. A Dyson Ball, no less. I know they are expensive & would have never bought one myself, but wow, do I ever love it. The floors have been vaccuumed three times over from last night thru today. Shyguy loves the vaccuum, too.

Some pics of my surprise party last night.




No comments: