Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What does the Tufted Titmouse say?

"Peter peter peter"
I guess
I wouldn't even have know that oh so common Michigan bird was called a Tufted Titmouse had I not voluteered to chaperone Bub's Kindergarten field trip last week. It was to State Park for a Winter Nature walk. However, there was no winter. It was actually quite pleasant, sunny and pretty warm for December 2nd. Today, however, is another story. Bub had his first snow day off from school today. He was pretty excited. All the kids that get on the bus at Grandma's were there. They played out in the snow for quite awhile I'm told.
The plowing and salting the road duties are back in full swing. Papa has to go into work tonight at 11pm. I hope I wake up in the morning ok & get to work on time myself without his help.
We are planning to get our Christmas tree & decorate the inside of the house this weekend. The outside lights are already up. I hope to get a nice picture this weekend of the boys for our Christmas card. Either out playing in the snow or in front of the tree. By the time I get home from work during the week, its already dark out.
I need to finish up my Christmas shopping this weekend, too, hopefully. Monday after work, Bub is in his school's Christmas program at Western High School at 6pm. Then Tuesday thru Thursday I'll be flying out to Indiana to run off some new equipment for the plant. Next Friday I have the day off to help out at Bub's school again with Christmas Centers. Then Friday night is the Christmas party for my work. Ugh, it never ends. I'm in pretty good shape though, only have a few things to pick up & I'm done.

No comments: