Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Parent Teacher Conference

We went to our first Parent - Teacher Conference at Bub's school tonight. I was a little worried about behavior issues. He fessed up to pushing a kid once, he was already talked to by the bus driver & our niece told us about a lunch room incident she witnessed where Bub was involved. On the way to drop him & brother off at Grandma's I talked to him about his behavior & listening again.

Talk about egg on your face, when we got back from the conference I gave Bub a big hug, told him I was proud of him & apologized for "yelling" at him on the way to Grandma's. His teacher had only good things to say. He is doing well in class also. Apparently he can read, she said one of about 4 readers in his class. She showed me a book he has the ability to read, obviously, its not like "Pride & Prejustice" or anything & looks more like something he's probably memorizing, but I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure if the report card will show up too well, but the star is in the "good" column & they are supposed to be able to do five of the seven things listed on the bottom in white & he can do all seven! Yeah, you go little man.


(click to enlarge)

Also, we were sent home with more stuff to sell. This fundraiser is specifically for Kindergarten field trips. I wish I would have known this one was coming, I would have probably not tried to sell as much of the first fundraiser stuff. Anyway, its a bunch of pies from Gordon Food Service & tubs of cookie dough. 3 lb tubs of cookie dough for $10, better deal than the other fundraiser. I'll send out & email to you all, no pressure.

In other news, those darn toy commercials are really popping up, preparing the kids to beg for things for Christmas. During a 1/2 hour kiddie show I probably heard two little voices saying "I want that" about a dozen times. Bub was watching a Halloween special the other night & drooling over the toys on the commercials so I told him to start a Christmas list.

Apparently, my V sounds like B, but the first item on his list is Video Games. The 2nd is a skateboard. I just thought it was cute.

Oh, and I'm healing up real good with the old sprained ankle. Swelling is way down & I'm walking much better & faster. A little pain when I've been on my feet awhile but 200% better than when I first injured it!

No comments: