Monday, October 12, 2009

OUCH

Papa had a project planned this past weekend. We took down half the trees that line the back of our lot at home. They are taller than the trees around them, interfering with the power lines that run along the back of the property & just needed to come down. My brother helped out with his backhoe taking down the trees & removing the stumps. Papa's brother, nephew & a friend from his work also came out to give us a hand. Many thanks to all.
We plan on planting some Arborvities (sp?) as a privacy border. They'll stay shorter, provide a good border & allow the other trees to flourish. That's our thought process anyway.
All was going well until I decided to "help" out. After making a big vat of chili for lunch for everyone, I headed out to pull some nasty wild grape vines out of the trees we left up. I was pulling on the vines, walking backwards & tripped over Papa's chainsaw. Luckily it was not running & I didn't get cut, however, I sprained my ankle. It hurts like heck.
Papa drove me up to the house with the lawnmower & trailer & I hung out on the couch & iced it. He went back outside to finish cleaning up. When he came in for the evening he asked what we should do. I didn't think it was broken, but I couldn't even walk, so we headed in to the emergency. Big thanks to Margarita Queen & her daughter for coming out to watch the kiddos for us.
Yes, its only a sprained ankle & will be sore for awhile. I have a little air cast on it & am being encouraged to ice & elevate it today. Should start walking around on it tomorrow. I'm taking the day off work to take it easy, plus it just takes me too dang long to get anywhere.

My sexy leg, woo hoo!

No comments: