Friday, March 14, 2014

Paris, Day 2

Email from his teacher:

"Salut! (Hi) 

Today was a very good day.  We had a very nice breakfast followed by a tour of the school.  There are 500 students in the elementary school and over 1000 in the middle/high school. 

This afternoon we went on a walking tour of a bakery (yum), a fish market, a fruit market and a cheese store.  We rode the subway, and then went to a fire station.  Several boys were already complaining about how tired there legs and feet were.  We only walked maybe 3 miles total today so I told them to rest up this weekend because next week we will be walking a lot more than that!!! 

We were in t-shirts this afternoon because it was so warm (wow I haven't said that in a while).  I think the heat is wearing them out a little bit.   

Tomorrow many of them are meeting at the Eiffel Tower and then picnicking in the park there so I am planning to meet them there. 

Hopefully, most of you are enjoying the pictures I've been posting on Facebook.  I see a lot of "likes" and comments.  Thank you for that because I am fairly new with Facebook and that helps me to know I am doing it correctly! 

All of the families have been so nice, and none of the children have had any language problems.  All are enjoyimg the food and have been drinking lots of water."



Presentation of gift to the French school.



View of the Eiffel Tower from the school.


Visit Paris fire station.




Email from host family:

"Hi,

Here are some news.
Pat woke up at 7.00 am to go to school. He was still a little bit tired in the morning.
At school, there has been a breakfast to  the children.
Then, they visited the school.
After lunch, they made a tour around the school, to discover the area.

Tonight, we made a car tour in Paris, to show Pat the lightnings at night. Pat saw the Eiffel Tower sparkling, and Notre Dame. He really enjoyed the tour.

Now, he is tired and he is going to bed. He says hello to you.

Tomorrow, we will go to the Eiffel Tower, with Pat, and some of his friends.

Everything is fine.

Best regards."








No comments: