Friday, August 28, 2009

ready for school

Bub is so ready for school to start. He's almost too excited. Twice this week he has gotten out of bed in the morning thinking it was the first day of school for some reason. He insisted I pack him a lunch. He was quite upset & threw a fit when I informed him that school doesn't start for two more weeks.

After the 2nd "event" this week I got out the calendar & he is marking off the days until school starts. Hopefully this will help & not build up even more anticipation than he already evidently has. I just hope he is still as excited about school after the first week. I'm sure he has no idea he'll be going five days straight and for the whole day. I think he'll be tired by the end of the first week.

Anyway, we are pretty much set as far as supplies . . . I think. We haven't gotten a class list, but Papa did pick up some crayons, pencils, a pencil box, glue, glue sticks, etc. when the school supplies were on sale. His backpack and lunchbox from last year are in good shape. The boys both got haircuts the other night & Bub got some more jeans & new shoes for the school year. Shyguy has plenty of hand-me-downs (poor guy) that he didn't need new shoes or clothes. However, he did get his very own new backpack & lunchbox. John Deere themed, of course. He loves them.

I have the first day of school off from work so I can go watch Bub get on the school bus. Also I will drop Shyguy off for his first day of preschool. My mom says I'm gonna ball my eyes out . . . she's probably half right. I think it will be more emotional seeing Bub get on the bus & leave for Kindergarten than dropping Shyguy off. Mom & I also have a little wager going. She is adament that Shyguy won't stay or won't let me leave when I drop him off at preschool. I think he'll be a little apprehensive, but he'll be fine.

Anyway, we'll see. More to come, I'm sure. We are off this weekend to spend some time at Grandma & Grandpa's at the lake. Of course, Murphy's Law, they are forecasting cold weather . . .

No comments: