Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Bubisms

Misc conversations with Bub . . .

#1. The boys are taking their naps. I'm hanging to beautiful sockings mom made for us on the front door. Bub comes walking out of his room after getting up from his nap just as I'm hanging the last stocking . . .
Bub: "Mama, those are supposed to go by the chimney!" (smart kiddo)
Mama: "Bub, we don't have a chimney."
Bub: Standing there, staring at me like I was speaking Chinese or something.

#2. Right before their last haircuts their hair was getting quite long, to the point I had to start combing it again. As I'm combing Bub's hair after a bath . . .
Bub: "Mama, make mine into a birdhawk." (a.k.a. mo-hawk . . . I think)

#3. Sitting on the couch reading part of the paper, I had a clog in my throat and was doing that eh-hem sound, trying to clear my throat . . .
Bub: "Mama, put your fingers on your neck." As he's pulling my hand up to the front of my neck.
Mama: "OK"
Bub: "Say something"
Mama: "Something"
Bub: "Did you FEEL that?"
Mama: "ah . . . yeah"
Bub: "That's your hairbox." (a.k.a voicebox . . . again, I think)
Mama: "oh . . . OK"

No comments: